2017 Rivers Marie Cab release

Save the date for Tuesday just received. Looks like a lighter release than we’ve seen in a while. Napa, Panek and small amount of Lore. No Calistoga or Herb Lamb.

I’ll be in for a few as 2017 is my wedding year! I think the email said free shipping as well!

Apparently the Calistoga was affected by the fires.

Can someone post the newsletter ? The RM emails never make it to my Inbox and the info is not yet on the website .

We are pleased to announce that the release of our 2017 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignons will begin one week from today, Tuesday July 16th at 9 AM PST. As in the past, this release is via email only. At the time the offer becomes live, you will receive an email with your username and password.

The offer:

(5) 2017 Rivers-Marie Napa Cabernet Sauvignon – $75/btl

(5) 2017 Rivers-Marie Panek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $110/btl

(2) 2017 Rivers-Marie Lore Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon – $135/btl

*Ground shipping is included on all purchases

If you need to change your contact information in advance of the release, please email Will Segui at will@riversmarie.com<mailto:will@riversmarie.com> or call (707) 341-3127 and we will be happy to update your information.

Thank you for your continued support!

Thomas Rivers Brown and Genevieve Marie Welsh

Anyone have any press info on the new vintage?

Yeah, I was bummed out about that. Other offerings (except Napa) are too rich for my blood… [cry.gif]

In doing a little bit of poking around, it looks like Herb Lamb Vineyard wasn’t as affected by the fires. Does anyone know if the 2016 was a one-off or maybe RM weren’t able to get fruit from them for the 2017? Just curious…

With regard to the “Calistoga”, why were the grapes still hanging? Oct 8, in a hot growing season.

The email that accompanied the Pinot release in January noted that both HL and Calistoga would be back for 2018.

Regarding the above:

“The lineup currently looks to be Napa, Panek and a tiny bit of Lore. For us, we are going with all pre-fire picks. In Napa, there were some really good lots picked after the fires but not for Rivers-Marie. No Herb Lamb or Calistoga in 2017 but you will see them return in 2018.”

From the email earlier this year:

Speaking of Cabernet, the outlook for quantity looks pretty poor for 2017. We have been making some hard blending cuts over the course of the last several months. The lineup currently looks to be Napa, Panek and a tiny bit of Lore. For us, we are going with all pre-fire picks. In Napa, there were some really good lots picked after the fires but not for Rivers-Marie. No Herb Lamb or Calistoga in 2017 but you will see them return in 2018.

To wrap with a little good news, 2018 looks phenomenal. One of the most ideal growing seasons in our brief history has produced stellar wines across all varietals. Temperatures were moderate for the entire growing season allowing for maximum hang time and true ripeness at lower than average brix. The color saturation for 2018 is intense but the wines are well balanced by a sturdy fruit core and buffering tannins and acidity. The wines are finely chiseled already and we look forward to seeing how they develop over the next few months.

Jeb Dunnuck’s scores from a barrel tasting in Jan

2017 Panek
(96-98)
I was able to taste two barrel samples from 2017, both showing beautifully, that should satisfy anyone who’s concerned about the overall quality of the 2017 vintage. The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Panek Vineyard offers an exotic, perfumed bouquet of blue fruits, violets, and blood orange, and it’s flamboyant and sexy on the palate, with its classic rich yet weightless style. It’s unquestionably a beautiful wine.

2017 Lore
(98-100)
The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lore Vineyard tastes like the 2016 did at this stage and appears to be another magical wine. One of the deepest, most layered and concentrated 2017s I was able to taste, it has classic Cabernet cassis and currant fruits, good complexity and minerality, full body, ripe tannins, and a great, great finish. This is the real deal and a thrilling wine that’s going to check in near the top of the vintage.

Any notes or scores on the Napa?

Thanks, Anthony!

Really enjoyed the PN release earlier this year, so equally excited, if not more excited for this Cab release. Will be going in for a couple.

For those who have purchased before, did you find the premium for the Lore worth it over the other SVD? Seems like the Lore will make a great anniversary wine in the future. Will probably grab one either way

Is the 5,5, or 2 next to each one the number of bottles we’re allocated?

Yep

If your a Cab fan I would say buy 2-3 Lore and call it a day.