Favourite Quality in a wine

No poll for this one but a question instead, describe the one single aspect of a wine that excites you. Not looking for a long list here, just a single thing that awakens the senses. For example, Savouriness in a Syrah, Steeliness in a Chablis etc.

Im typing this drinking a 2010 Ridge Estate cab and it has lots of good qualities but the single thing that is pushing my buttons the most is the moorishness of the wine, it is just so damn addictive

Tapenade savoriness in Syrah.
Flinty reduction in whites.

Plenty more - but those two come to the top of mind.

Texture

Structure

I’ve heard people dismiss ‘nervosite’ as a made up thing, but I very occasionally experience it as a thrilling, electric feeling when the acidity of a wine harmonizes perfectly with the other elements. It causes the wine to come alive in this vibratory, hallucinatory way that is very special to me

Sounds like a wine that could’ve taken over Spain a millennium ago! [tease.gif]

The label. It brings bragging rights champagne.gif

Depth of fruit on a fully mature red burg. There’s simply nothing else like it.

Balance, Harmony. Applies to pretty much anything.

Other attributes tend to be wine or category specific

“It’s deja vu all over again” -YB

Its ability to dull memory.

My answer has not changed.

This. And freshness.

Exactly! The Othello Cuvee. I wonder if they make a Desdamerlot.

There are words that, no matter how many times I see them, I still have no idea what they really mean and this is one of them, in addition to gourmand(as used in wines, esp Burgundy), and linear. Really have no idea what the hell they mean.

But, to answer the question, probably texture and weight, followed by fragrance.

Moorishness is the quality of a wine being similar to a Moor (them being muslims who took over Spain in the 8th Century), on which I and David just commented.

Obviously.

Ill ask again next year

Distinctiveness

Was going to say thought-provoking, then ask for a ruling on the hyphenation.

Verticality in feel.
Sadly haven’t been able to feel it all that much.

Otherwise, the peppery quality of northern rhone syrahs.