Best Place to Sell Wine.

What are your experiences selling wine through the different places. You can auction wine and consign wine to K&L, consign to Vinfolio, Benchmark Wine Group and Belmont Wine Exchange. There is WineBid and the the larger auction houses. Unfortunately I need to sell a few bottles of wine which include Red and White Burgundy and some German Rieslings. What place gets the most interest with the least amount of fees?

Hi Adrian,

I’ve only had experience selling to K&L but they’ve been easy, seamless transactions.

Depends on whether you want a quick swift lump-sum payment or you are willing to wait until after the auction closes. If it’s just a few bottles, your best bet is to consider a retailer with an outright offer. A lot of them are quite competitive with auctions and the extra fees, etc, but it depends on what you have. I’d say look around and get quotes from multiple places and consider the fees they tack on.

If you want to double-check the value of the wines on an auction-basis, don’t hesitate to get a complimentary subscription at The Wine Market Journal (https://www.winemarketjournal.com/) to see what they have been selling for lately. Good luck.

K&L.

I thought it was an absolute knockout that the Winebid person joined the discussion.

_

I have had great purchasing experiences with Winebid and K&L, so a vote for each.

business

Agreed! Never sold anything through WB but have had years of nothing but great service/experiences with them on the buy side.

Plus…I thought his posts were well done (i.e. walking the perfect line). Glad to have him involved here.