Quivet 2011 Kenefick - Something for Everyone

Bought since release and cellared since at 59 degrees.

1st 45 minutes - beautiful fruit forward flavors that I was not expecting for the less than optimal ‘11 Napa vintage. Really well balanced fruit and glycerine that is not overdone. If this is your wheelhouse definitely drink now and enjoy for the first hour. If you have a friend or two on hand you will have no trouble finishing it in short order.

Open plus :45 - 2:30. This is when, to me, it gets increasingly interesting and morphs from a Napa beauty to a mysterious high end BDX if you were drinking it blind. The beautiful balance continues but the clglycerine transforms to a subdued mouth coating of dark fruits that remain light on its feet. Some subtle green notes complement the BDX experience in a really good way. Very good fruit profile remains. Might be fun to open and pour at 2:00 as a wild card for your BDX fans. Would not do side by side with a BDX ( that might be stretching the analogy) but on a one off basis it would be interesting to gauge. Solid 93.5 points pointer for me.

Cab?

Yes

Cab or Syrah, I have 1 bottle of each. Woohoo.
Brian, Cellartracker suggests the drinking window is coming to an end on both. Thoughts on the cab?

‘11 is strutting it’s stuff and is under-rated kinda like 2003. I’ve had a few different ‘11 Napa Cabs recently that have been really drinkg well.

Agree

“Less than optimal ‘11 Napa vintage” by who’s standards? I cannot believe how many people still regard ‘11 as being a poor or underwhelming vintage? I guess some of the esteemed wine critics were looking for another blockbuster year, and 2011 didn’t have the ripeness they were looking for. Oops!

Brian - Your description/tasting notes are spot on. Just consumed my last two bottles at a family BBQ. Can’t go gaga over the 2011’s in general, but they sure weren’t the disaster that a lot of folks make the vintage out to be. Cheers!