2017 Quivet Release?

Got the save the date today. Anyone try these yet? Only have seen 1 CT note. Jeb Dunnicks early reviews looked as good as the 2016s so that was slightly surprising considering the vintage differences.

I’m not sure vintage variation is existential with Mike’s wines, if you like Napa cabs in a richer style, he makes great wine, from the best grapes at a fair price year in and year out. I haven’t bought recently since I moved to Europe a few years ago, but have very high regard for him and his winemaking and the 09-11s I’ve had recently were very solid wines.

Have some Quivet and love them. May pass on this one as I have Myriad, Aubert and another one or two coming up in the next few weeks.

Wife loves Las Piedras…so you know my answer :rofl:

I’ll probably be in for a mixed case, plus a few extra. I am not concerned about the 2017 vintage fears (though maybe in my case, it’s ignorance is bliss).

I had a few 2011 Myriad Dr. Crane’s and they were pretty good, from a maligned vintage. I usually don’t let Quivet or Myriad get much bottle age, because the opulent fruit is such a treat. A 2014 Dr. Crane last week was still kicking out a ton of youthful flavor.

I have more experience with Myriad. Are the Quivet cabs pretty similar?

Quivet wines are supposedly made in a slightly more “lean” style but I’ve never really found this to be the case. That said, if you’re into Myriad you’ll definitely dig Quivet - fantastic wines, Syrah from the latter might even be better than the former (which is truly saying a lot).

I would agree… Never had a lean Quivet!

Thirded!

Always amazing fruit, textures, and accessibility with Mike’s wines. I will say that he does let the vineyard shine through too. Right now I am enjoying a 2016 Scarlett Cab, and the wine is on a nice path to a bit more completeness. Solid fruit, vanilla, slight oak, but framed by some acidity, really going well with a NY Strip tonight. Have been sipping out of a decanter for a few hours. Syrah may be his best wine (at least a sleeper), but I only get a few bottles each year. Makes a nice Sauvignon Blanc, as well as a few other whites as well.

I’m in for 3 Kenefick, intentionally trying to cut this years purchases in half compared to last year, but the Kenefick Cab for me is a must have.

deleted - wrong offer

Bought Kenefick, Pellet, and some sauv blanc.

In for 3 LPV, trying to cut back as others are. Thinking I might pass on the upcoming Myriad offer. Already grabbed some Dr. Crane/GIII earlier in the year. Steltzner seems compelling though, so might be a game time decision.

I checked my allocation this morning, and again after meetings this afternoon, and it looks like my quantity of wines has gone down, must be selling nicely already. I am in for a mixed case after quite a bit of back and forth between various combinations.

Moved

Anthony,
Looks like you put a Rivers-Marie post in the Quivet topic.

Thanks for the catch

How is the Quivet Sauv Blanc? Is it anything like Realm Fidelio or Arkenstone?

1 each of the SVDs, 2 Napas and 4 Sauv Blancs

Placed a small order last night.