TN: 2016 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia

• 2016 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (6/30/2019)
    Decanted 6 hrs. Quite a bit of hype on the Felsina / Chianti 16’s and based upon last night’s performance and if one leans towards nuanced and balanced wine with all the foundation pieces in place for a spectacular evolution in bottle, go deep and long on this one. Unlike the previous hyped and ballyhooed vintages like 04, 10, 13, and 15(?), this seems like it will take the more classical path vs. early fireworks of a riper vintage. Take the nose for example, I recall when drinking those vintages on release lots of dark fruit, mint cocoa etc, and they were really good, let that be clear. But this 16 Rancia had the most elegant strawberry fragrance, ethereal and delicate, yes please. I could go on, but I think my point is made. Warning - Sucklingism ahead----> Best Ranica Ever…!!! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Not surprised to hear this as the 16 Riserva is outstanding

Love this over Fontalloro in almost every vintage
Rancia rules IMO
Despite Fontalloro got huge points in 2016
Rancia is still the best

And the base Berardenga.

Glad to hear it, as I bought a bunch just because it’s Felsina.

Thanks for the note, Dale. I haven’t tried any of mine yet, but definitely enjoyed the '15 on release, so if you think this is better, potentially high praise in my mind.