TN: 2018 Montenidoli Canaiuolo Rose', 2017 Montenidoli Vernaccia di San Gimignano Fiore

• 2017 Montenidoli Vernaccia di San Gimignano Fiore - Italy, Tuscany, San Gimignano, Vernaccia di San Gimignano (6/27/2019)
    This is such a unique wine…has an almost oily texture, rich and dense with mineral structure…yet bright and tingly citrus acidity…fresh and alive, full of character. Pure fruits of pear, peach, quince…savory grey salt, smoky lees, almond paste…finishes with a little mint and oyster shell…long and creamy, yet vibrant weightlessness. If you’ve ever been to San Gimignano…this wine will take you back! (93 pts.)
  • 2018 Montenidoli Canaiuolo Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (6/27/2019)
    Wonderful brightness and fresh energized snap…bitter cherry skin, wild raspberry, peach, strawberries…crunchy savory minerals…dried florals…herbs and stem inclusion. Creamed up a bit with some air…super length…screams summertime in Italy! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Love Elisabetta Fagiuoli’s wines, if you get a chance try her Vernaccia di San Gimignano Tradizionale.

I’m a big fan of that rose.

Been pouring it by the glass for two weeks and it is going well. I will switch it up next week. I purchased 8 different Roses for this summer.

Brian, have you tried her Vernaccia Carato? That is her oak-aged bottling, and a totally different animal than the Fiore. I like both, but the Fiore is one I can drink out on the deck, whereas the Carato is a wine that demands your attention - something similar to one of Tissot’s Chards from the Jura, IMO.

I’ve had the 08 a few times…very substantial…has that oxidized freshness ala Jura like you say. Also reminded me of Vatan with all that minerality and bright citrus. Get more wood spice and honey notes as well. Super fun, and quite interesting, wines! [cheers.gif]

I don’t think I’m a fan of the Carato, though I have only had it once, and it was a small pour. From memory, it seemed oaky and oxidized. Neither of which I am a big fan of. I like the Fiore, though.

Last bottle of the Rosato…all have been wonderful…need a reload!