TN: 2016 Sleight of Hand Syrah Psychedelic Stoney Vine Vineyard

• 2016 Sleight of Hand Syrah Psychedelic Stoney Vine Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (6/26/2019)
    I am hear to tell you the Stoney Vine Vineyard produces some of the best Syrah wines in the US/world for the money. This is no exception. The best of the lineup at Sleight of Hand. Smoke, spices, black pepper, dark fruits and gravel. Medium to long finish and concentrated wine. This should drink well over the next decade. 94 to 96 points (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I totally agree with your statement and your description. I purchase several bottles of II Vintners Some Days are Stones (from Stoney Vine) every year and I am always pleased and never disappointed. Just the right mix of fruit and funk. Cheers!

Great note!

Love these wines.

I think Glenn Levine turned me onto them.

I totally agree with your statement and your description. I purchase several bottles of II Vintners Some Days are Stones (from Stoney Vine) every year and I am always pleased and never disappointed. Just the right mix of fruit and funk. Cheers!

It was interesting driving by some of the vineyards in the Rocks districts. You would see a house and then a vineyard. Really cool looking with all the stones. I would imagine some of those homes will be sold and turned into vineyards in five or less years.

This Syrah is such an underrated wine that competes with Syrahs from the same region at twice the price. I’ve gone through a few ‘13s recently and they are flat out fantastic and funky!

Just came across the WE (Sean Sullivan) tasting note and rating on this wine:

Sleight of Hand 2016 Psychedelic Stoney Vine Vineyard Syrah Walla Walla Valley $60 91 points
Grilled and fresh asparagus, soot, wet rock, black pepper, black olive brine and herb aromas lead to light, elegantly styled fruit and savory flavors that bring a sense of delicacy. It’s a very pretty interpretation of this site—the winery’s most elegant to date.

FYI - He rated the Funkadelic a couple of points higher.

Yes I like the II Vintners as well. I thought I poured that for John when he was here a few weeks ago.