Sonoma recommendations for a group offsite

Hi all

We are in the midst of planning a team offsite for a group of 10-20 Apple employees next month. We’ll likely head up to Sonoma in the morning (during a week day) for some hiking and then will be looking to grab lunch and do a tasting (or preferably combo the two) in the early afternoon. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Sonoma winery that would be able to accommodate us?

Please let me know!

“Sonoma” is a pretty big place. Are you looking in and around the Town Of, up-valley (e.g Sugarloaf or Annandale), or out in West County?

Good point! I believe the current proposed hiking trail is within Trione-Annabel State Park so up-valley

Silver Oak has a nice tasting area, as does Kosta Browne.

Lynmar does fantastic tastings, as well.

We go with family groups of 8-12 and have been graciously accommodated at those places, also “J,” Roadhouse Winery, Chalk Hill, Merry Edwards.

I will try to think of more, but we have been to those wineries in the numbers you mention and it was spectacular.

An absolutely beautiful property that accommodates both tastings combined with lunch is Lynmar Estate. Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the two grape varieties served, all from the Estate.

Reservations in advance are needed. The patio, grounds, vineyards are gorgeous.

Tom

Sonoma Valley/Kenwood area would be closest. Chateau St. Jean has beautiful grounds and a picnic area, I believe.

Cool.

Assuming it’s not a Sat/Sun, I’d look at VJB. They’ve got plenty of outdoor seating, and have all kinds of food (pizzas, salads, paninis, gelato) on-site.

Wine is good/above average and they focus on Italian varietals. You may not need an appointment, though with that sized group I’d probably call ahead and reserve a few tables.

Pride Mountain (mostly in Sonoma) is about a half hour away and has picnic tables with great views. Fisher is another beautiful property a few minutes closer than Pride.

Be aware many places limit groups to 6 to 8. 10 can be a challenge and much more limiting with 20. You’ll likely end up going where ever will have you

I’m pretty sure KB is closed til late summer or fall due to renovations (cough flood damage cough)

You could try a couple of the bigger wineries close by, notably Chateau St Jean, and St Francis. An easier alternative would be to come back down to the town of Sonoma and do lunch at one of the restaurants there (Girl and Fig, El Dorado Kitchen are a couple of good ones, Della Santina is a nice Italian place with an enclosed dining patio, etc.). There are a number of tasting rooms around the square you could arrange a group of this size. Bedrock is one that we all know.