How champagne producers are preserving acidity as the climate changes

A good read:

Depending on the quality of what Taittinger produces in Kent we may see more Champagne producers looking at cooler regions to make Sparkling Wine.

I found that move shocking and am wondering how they would label the bottles with UK sourced fruit. I guess it would just be Sprakling Wine, but what happens if they put some of that fruit in Comtes?

Isn’t that the very same issue faced by every group/producer that happens to own vines in more than one appellation? Ultimately the appellation relies on producers being +- honest and the regulator to enforce the rules.

Somehow, it seems more significant here to me based upon the history of political strife for all Sparkling Wine producers to avoid calling it champagne if not from there.

There is no way they would put grapes from Kent into Comtes and therefore have to label it Sparkling Wine.

They will make some new rule that allows up to 49% of the fruit to be sourced from outside the region, yet retain the moniker.

Then, after the dust settles, they will change the rule that “some” of the content be from the region.

No way.

It could make for a great marketing strategy Ray: Comtes from Kent. Nah! On second thought, you’re right. “No way”.