What Beaujolais from this list?

I’ll be eating at this this restaurant in the Beaujolais region in a few weeks. The list looks great and affordable, but I am only familiar with a few names. Anything from the Bojo section jump out as a gem? Thanks in advance.
http://www.ecume-gourmande.fr/carte-vins-lecume-gourmande

Surprised their aren’t more mature Beaujolais on the list. It’s relatively young. Can’t go wrong with Foillard, Roilette, Thivin. I’d be tempted to just ask a recommendation from the Somm or Owner for a local, under-the-radar producer that he/she enjoys.

Plenty of options, but Lapalu’s 2016 Côte de Brouilly is excellent right now, as is Chamonard’s 2010 Morgon. If you could handle a magnum, Burgaud’s 2009 would tempt me.

Thanks so much to you both for the prompt and helpful responses.
As long as I am soliciting help, if anyone had any must stop domaines or casual lunch spots in the area they’d point me to, I’m all ears.
Currently have a visit scheduled with Thivin, which I’m preemptively thrilled about.

I love Thivin but would go with Metras on pricing and because it’s much less available here. I’m not that into the 2015 vintage but seems like I’ve read good things about Metras’ 2015s here.

Please post pics and notes from Thivin. It is one of my favorite wineries on the planet. Arguably the best QPR on the planet, but it is better than just a QPR label.

Lots of good options so far. I would be curious to try the ‘11 Desjourneys Moulin à Vent as well.

Most domaines in the Beaujolais offer tastings if you give them a call in advance, so the world is your oyster! Jean-Marc Burgaud in Villé-Morgon made some terrific 2017s and 2018s so that could be a good option, he also speaks English.

For lunch, get a table at Josephine à Table in Saint-Amour. Note that it’s at the very north of the Beaujolais so about 20 minutes drive from Thivin.

Nice wine but note that it’s quite a lot oakier and chunkier than the wines Fabien is making today. He no longer uses any oak for his Beaujolais in fact.

11 Chanrion, 10 Chamonard. That said, the Dutraive Fleurie is the best wine on the list.

Should also add the Auberge du Col du Truges in Villié-Morgon. It’s a more rustic, old school place (the lavatory paper comes in books that look like they might have been bound by Gutenburg) that does a fabulous Coq au Vin. Likely won’t be the weather for it, but it’s a great traditional rural restaurant of the kind that’s harder and harder to find.

I’d get that magnum of Metras, a great price and since it didn’t have to travel far it would hopefully be sound. More delicate wines that I sometimes wonder how well they take the travel to the states.

I would go for Metras because of price and difficulty to find in the US… For quality alone, nothing beats 2016 Foillard Cote du Py

Plenty of good stuff in that list. A producer mentioned yet would be Laurent Martray in Brouilly and Cote de Brouilly, good value under the radar producer. I would also second the magnum of Dutraive: 2013 so you get a bit of maturity as well!

The 2015 Beaujolais from Metras is a beauty and punches way above its designation. FWIW I am not otherwise a fan of the vintage.

I own the Burgaud 2009 Morgon in magnum, I’ve gone through several and it’s singing right now. That’s a solid choice, if you’re up for 1.5L.

That said, I wouldn’t discount the probability that this restaurant has bottles that don’t appear on the list. That’s overwhelmingly common in France. Get into a discussion about some of your favorite producers and don’t be shy about saying that you wish there were older vintages of their wines on the list. That conversation is the only way you’ll unlock them.

Hi Dave, I’ll be spending summer in Burgundy, but was planning a day trip to Beaujolais.

The following restaurant is on my list: josephineatable.fr (as recommended by William as well)

The following estates are on my list: Clos de la Roilette + Daniel Bouland - I think 2 estates in a day should be sufficient and will permit time to discover the region.

I agree with this 100%.

agreed on that Dutraive Fleurie.

Will do! 12 euros for a cellar tour. Seemed like an incredible opportunity.