Calistoga wineries

Attending a wedding in Calistoga and would like to visit a few wineries. Any recommendations?. Also any good places to eat would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

S.

T-Vine

Vincent Arroyo

Switchback Ridge. Send an email via their website. You gotta like big reds, though.

Also, Rivers-Marie is in the area. Just saying… [whistle.gif]

Carter/Envy/etc.

I haven’t been, but hear good things about Mending Wall.

Larkmead is in Calistoga (or real close)
EMH … Merrill usually posts on this board

Amici

Kelly Fleming and Venge. Eat at Solage

We visited Mending Wall 2 weeks ago. Very good. I would recommend.

If you expand your radius a bit, Saint Helena is only 10 minutes or so away- tons and tons of winery options a bit south

Tamber Bey…It used to be an old horse farm before it was purchased and rebuilt as a winery tasting room. They still board horses there, so it is unique to Napa. The wines are pretty good too, and they have a really nice outdoor tasting area. Nice people too…

Myriad/Quivet

Don’t forget about Ch. Montelena…

No question, Carter/Myriad and Larkmead. Two of the best winemakers in Napa, Mike Smith and Dan Petroski. For food, I’d take Blarmston’s recommendation and head to Saint Helena, nothing extraordinary “yet” in Calistoga.

I live in Calistoga a few months a year. Try the restaurant Sams Club

Had dinner at Sam’s Social Club last week and was underwhelmed. I think there’s better.

Go to Brasswood for lunch and order mozzarella appetizer (it’s not on menu but it’s houses specialty). Really don’t need anything after that as it’s so incredible but everything else I’ve had there was gGood

You can get a 2 for 1 as Switchback Ridge tastings are handled alongside Phifer Pavitt’s. Both are two of our favorites.

We also had dinner at Sam’s two weeks ago. It was just OK for food and service.

We haven’t been to Cafe Sarafornia in a while but the breakfast used to be great.
Go see the geyser also.

This