TN: 2013 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

• 2013 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/22/2019)
    Okay, now I get it. This got buried in my wine cabinet, and I finally got around to pulling it out. Brief decant. Wine seems to be right on the edge of starting some tertiary development, with the fruit starting to subdue, balanced by a bit of savory. This was delicious with some complexity starting to develop. Medium cherry notes, perfume, silky, understated. For the $25 we originally paid for this, not sure I’d find anything as good anywhere. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Note is about right and sure you can. RM appellation pinot last release was $30 which inflation adjusted is same maybe less. Dehlinger RRV is as well. They are out there

Great note and agree all around!

Thanks, yep. These kinds of wines should give us all confidence that you can drink exceptionally well for < $30 a bottle. Whether this, Cru Beaujolais, Riesling, Muscadet, and the list goes on…

We go through these pretty quickly. I just started on our first of the 15’s on Friday. Tasty juice indeed!

Scott, thanks for the note here. I have decided to stop buying the SC starting with the next release. I am so space challenged and I’m to the point now I would rather drink the Ox Ridge, Summa or even the Platt (which is tracking as my WOTY now), versus more of the SC. I have a 2012 SC left in my cellar and that is it. However, got a # of verticals going of the various SV stuff, which is now working better, at least for me.

FWIW, I am putting the 2017 OX Ridge in a blind format today against some other CA PN–let’s see how it does.