Vineyards/wineries being sold

Got an e-mail yesterday from Seven Stones, indicating they will be putting the property (they have a vineyard and wine production facility) up for sale. Also saw recently that HL was selling to Thomas Rivers Brown (this may be old news, but I just saw it). Will be interesting — always liked Seven Stones and buy each year. From what I understand the HL label will be gone, so will be interesting to see if Seven Stones keeps intact (and keeps Pott) after a sale

Saw 7 Stones, but missed HL. I like both and wish nothing but the best of luck with the sales and to the new owners. TRB should be a great caregiver of HL. Hopefully, 7 finds an equally good steward. It is a special property with one of the best views in the whole valley.

Can you point to something about the HL sale? I understood TRB has been purchasing fruit from HL, but I had not seen a sale of the property.

I don’t believe HL was sold but rather leased out to TRB for RM going forward.

^this

Thank you - people sure can get stuff extrapolated from one point to another!

Wasn’t my extrapolation, just what I read. Either way, the HL label itself is done. As for Seven Stones, the e-mail from the winery is that the property is going to be sold.

Ferrari Carano sold their Lazy Creek venture to the Silver Oak folks. We have a new neighbor to our west.

If you have access to WSJ, there was a piece about the listing of Seven Stones in yesterday’s real estate section.

Hadn’t heard of this one. LCV Pinot was usually a bit too ripe for me, but we really enjoyed the rose of Pinot and their GW every year. Hope they don’t change those up.

Silver Oak has certainly expanded their holdings quite a bit - lots of diversification indeed. Good to see . . .

35mil seems cheap? Roy Piper wine SURE would look good coming out of there…just sayin! [whistle.gif]

Well, I guess it’s a matter of public record now. Yes, we bought the winery and estate vineyard property but not the brand or inventory. Excited to be neighbors, Casey!

Dan, I’ll be honest. In evaluating this potential deal, I have to say, it wasn’t to make Gewurz. There are small sections of the vineyard that have some virus that might be better suited to rose. Twomey’s Pinot style is a little different than Lazy Creek’s was. I invite you to stop in once we are up and running in the tasting room this fall. We won’t yet have any wines from this vineyard in particular, but you can check out the rest of the Twomey portfolio.

I am about $34,900,000 short. [training.gif]