Ch. Gilette Creme de Tete vintage to avoid?

As the title states, which vintages should I avoid? And which vintages are better than others?

Thanks

In my limited experience I’ve liked the 1978 and 1989, found 1985 to be meh, and disliked the 1983 (but the bottle might have not been stored well)

Thx

I used to drink it frequently due to last name similarities. ‘50 and ‘55 have always been wonderful, but that was at least 10 years ago so who knows about now. Never liked the ‘78. Had the ‘37 once and thought it was nice but I was a little starry-eyed due to the age.
A

I’ve only had the 1990, but I didn’t think it was anything special. At the price, I stopped looking for it.

I remember buying a few off Winebid more than ten years ago when priced a dime on the dollar.

Thx everyone

Sadly for both a Bdx and Sauternes/Barsac enthusiast…I’ve yet to try one of these elusive stickies.

I have only had the 1989, and I did not care for it personally. It is a magnificent and singular wine- but it bears remembering that it is made in a very unique way leaving a wine that has zero oak influence and a pretty high alcohol level.

And, as Glenn noted with his winebid experience, because it is so unique the audience of fans is somewhat small making this a wine that does not sell well in the secondary market until it is quite old. The 1989 I had actually came into my hands when it was closed out near cost from a pretty big Bordeaux retailer.

Thus, given the price and uniqueness- I would say this is a wine to try first in at least 2-3 vintages to see what you think personally before investing, because once you own it- you will take a bath getting rid of it if you change your mind later.

I’ve had a few vintages (only one I recall specifically was the 1983) and never saw any reason to seek it out.

I’ve only had a few. The 1953 was fabulous a couple of years ago.