TN: 2010 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne en Remilly

a lemon-imbued mineral-laden steely white Burgundy, this wine is still a baby and in need of another decade. This bottle will get about 2 more hours. All the taste buds are standing at attention. Super wine.

Well played.

This is the bad boy ringer that beat out hyphenated montrachets in night 2. Very had to find now.

ha. I should have saved it. Edges are a bit rough. Needs time, but after two wineless weeks on call, I’m happy.

I often think this about white burgs… but premox? Is PYCM past that?

i don’t think i’ve ever had a pox’d pycm and i drink a fair amount of it. But could just be luck

Love this terroir. Nice note. I haven’t had Pierre-Yves wine but I have had one from Bruno Colin that was incredible.

Good to hear. How long have you let these age?

Thanks for the note! I’ll roll the dice on my '09 double mag for another 10 years then

FWIW I’ve had a few from 2005/2006 and have yet to encounter any premox. There are earlier years (2002-2004) but I have heard they are less good

I’ve had btls from 02-06 in the past year that were still really good

this wine is even better tonight. I was unable singlehandedly to drain the bottle last night.

We had a couple of premoxed PYCM’s . But this one rocks .

I thought it was St Aubin en Remilly… Usually one of the better PYCM wine …

The chassagne vineyard is like a bridge between the at aubin vineyard above and Chevalier-Montrachet below. Great location!

Hm, which ones?

The PYCM St. Aubin En Remilly (Cuvee Nicolas & Mathis) is killer juice for the money. Have gone though a case of the 2016 this spring unable to keep hands off. The Chassagne is a step up though.

Thanks! Never came across