Pisoni gets no love here

Seems like nobody pays attention to Pisoni pinot’s yet i would suggest they are some of the best and most structured pinots in California. They age really well and do not fall into the cherry cola style in any way. The estate is an epic wine.

Why arent they talked about more ?

I talk about them, and I still buy them, vintage after vintage. I have since 2003. Like with several other producers here on the Board that have been doing it well for some time, they are part of the rhythm of people’s cellars, their tastings, etc. Lots of things are not talked around here like they used to be, and this is just an example. As recently as a few months ago, Jeff Pisoni came down here to the OC, we had about 12 guys around him, we blinded a bunch of bottles, along with Pisoni, and had a bitchen time. I posted on it, maybe got 2 replies. Whoopee.

FWIW, I LOVE Pisoni. There’s your love.

I love ‘em too. Tasted a ‘12 Pisoni Pinot about a month back at the Village Pub. Absolutely outstanding, one of the best Pinots I’ve had in years.

Just ordered some Lucia Gary’s Pinot and Syrah. The family controls some of the best fruit in the state and manages that fruit masterfully.

Uh oh, Alan. You have two dissenters now. Look out.

Frank

Love it, i have a lot of 10-14 then went in search of cab and syrah but will always be very fond of Pisoni or Gary Madhead as James May called him. Im circling back though and bought todays offer. I needto dig out some estate from the offsite, i bet the 11’s are awesome

More love from my wine room…OWCs going back every year to 2003.
20190618_163654.jpg

Probably because you’re frequently trying to dump yours on Commerce Corner [snort.gif]

Im so glad now that nobody wanted it

Pretty much the same here. LOVE Pisoni, my favorite Pinot, easily. Great balance between the lighter style and more fruity Cals. Bought a bunch in the '11-'15 timeframe and need to pick up some more. Also thinking about today’s offer.

Talking about Pisoni is dead at retail

That’s classic. Well played.

I like a good Pisoni, always enjoyable.

[rofl.gif]

I have had a few Pisoni wines wiith about 10 yrs on them and they just did not flip my switch. Therefore, based on my limited $$ I get to spend on Pinot, I just don’t purchase them and therefore rarely drink them.

Big fan here as well. First exposure was through a multi-bottle vertical of 01-03 I picked up at auction a few years back, not expecting much - I think it worked out to about $20/bottle so figured they might be over the hill. Each one has been surprisingly good, with the 03s consistently the best of the vertical.

Not Pisoni Pisoni, but had a small tasting over the weekend, blind, and inserted a 1998 Siduri Pisoni in the line up. Showed well, had some of it tonight, night 4 and simply recorked and on kitchen counter since, seems to me in perfect balance right now.

The Pisonis are doing fine.

I had a great visit with Mark last Friday
I was very impressed with the quality of the vineyards I walk and the wines that we tasted,
I joked that Mark was making his brothers job pretty easy
a very special day
MT

I brought an old bottle of Arcadian Pisoni, and Jeff picked it as a Burgundy. Fun night.

Arcadian produces a great version!

TTT

Wait, i don’t understand. Alan, we’re you trying to sell off your Pisoni? When?

Counselor Seiber, it was. I’ve known Jeff Pisoni for more than a decade now. One of the softest spoken yet cerebral men I know and it’s my loss i cant spend more time with him. Great guy.