Happy Father's Day - whatcha drinkin'?

Waiting for the rain to arrive here in Big D. Got a pork shoulder smoking on the Big Green Egg, the U.S. Open on TV, and sitting here pondering what to open tonight. Thinking maybe a Littorai PN with a few years on it. What’s everyone else drinking?

And Happy Father’s Day to all you pops out there!
champagne.gif

Heck, moms, sisters, daughters, all men, who cares? We all have dads, so what strikes your fancy?

Pickin’ crabs, drinkin’ beer

Happy hour Negroni.

My two cats suggested the 1999 Ridge Lytton Springs to go with my braised short ribs.

I’m picturing them eating your short ribs. I see it as a Kliban cartoon!

2015 Villa Creek James Berry Vineyard

US Open

HAB here. Had me feeling cold beer. And then a Chardonnay. From California. Made by Joe Davis.
2009 Arcadian Sierre Madre

Houdini will try!

Krug 166 to start. Then onto a 16 Becklyn Napa for the ribeye cooking on the BGE

Went with my boys birth years, 1996 Bruno Giacosa Riserva Falletto and the 1998 Giacosa Le Rocche del Falletto. Both decanted @ 3:30…The '96 is going to be special!! I’m looking forward to following it throughout the night. The '98 is no slouch either. Both should pair well with grilled lamb chops w/a rosemary dijon marinade. Chilling now with a 2000 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles catching the end of the US Open.

Watching Inspector Montalbano alone (2 year old finally asleep), eating pizza, and drinking a bottle of 1976 Bischöfliches Priesterseminar Wiltinger Kupp Auslese. It’s a stunner!

My first go at 2008 Dom Perignon.

That’s lovely!!! [cheers.gif]

We are going to see Avengers End Game and then make Flannery’s burgers and not sure what we will pop.

Your idea is genius!

Would be better if they were here to share them with me. #1 now lives in San Fran and #2 just arrived in Hong Kong this morning for a study abroad…enjoy them while you can…

My eating and drinking plans for Father’s Day were dialed back this year. Last night I had joined Kirk Grant, Jim Anderson and others for an epic vertical tasting of 13 vintages of Patricia Green Etzel Block Pinot Noir, followed by an enjoyable blind tasting and meal. Thanks to all for a great five hour evening.

Despite my feeble protests, my son smoked trout for our dinner which we just finished enjoying alongside stuffed clams and some sides. Glad he persisted as the trout was perfectly brined, low- temp cooked and smoked. A couple of glasses of 2016 Ravines Dry Riesling provided a very good match to the meal. FWIW, Riesling and smoked trout might be “a pairing”.

Nice Father’s day weekend for me!

2013 Maybach Amoenus cab… delish!!!

Decanting 2012 Littorai Haven…

Slathering some chicken breasts with a bourbon BBQ sauce on the grill and popped a '17 Kelley Fox Freedom Hill Pinot Blanc. Got calls from both kids (daughter is due with our 1st grandbaby any minute). Life is good in the 'hood.

• 2012 Littorai Pinot Noir The Haven - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/16/2019)
    Decanted. Not a lot on the nose, but eventually coaxed out some black tea and dark cherries. This struck me as fruit forward and feels like it should sit another 3-4 years before drinking. Resolved tannins with a medium finish. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker