TN: 1945 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux Le Haut-Lieu

Nice Fathers’ Day treat for the dad who is both a wine lover and World War 2 nerd. L’année de la victoire is among the greatest Vouvray vintages ever. May 1st frost—one of the latest ever recorded—helped reduce yields before producers regularly green harvested. From an ex-cellar bottle.

Tasting note:

1945 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux Le Haut-Lieu - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (6/15/2019)
Bright, clear, browned through. Wow wow wow, not even a whiff of oxidation, absolutely gorgeous, stunning, and complex with apricot, orange peel, honey, black tea, and lanolin. Caramelized and saline flavors are buoyed by still-fresh acidity and persist long after the last sip. This will last forever.

(95 pts.)

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing, Robert. What did your dad think?

Yep. Stellar wine. One of my favorite Huets.

What a good son you are. Wish mine would think of that. [cheers.gif]

Hah, looks like I wasn’t clear — I’m the dad who is a wine and WW2 nut. champagne.gif

Dude, just wow. Think about that…you were drinking a wine that was made during World War II. Epic, thanks for sharing.

Wow! That color [wow.gif]

Yes! This is what stood out to me too. Bricked, even browned, through, yet no oxidation in sight. In the bottle it looks like red wine!