TN: NV Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Le Rosé (France, Champagne)

• NV Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Le Rosé - France, Champagne (6/15/2019)
    Disgorged April 2018. Pale salmon color. Nose of cool white flowers, coconut, biscuit, stone, petrol. Amidst the bite of fizzy acidity, austere blasts of strawberry on the palate amidst diesel and Parmesan overlying plenty of white gravel. Lots of spine. Longer finish of buzzy mulberry fruit and refreshing mineral lift. Ahhh. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

One of my favorite rosé NVs, very classy stuff.

Ilkka,

My first experience with this producer. Very nice stuff! Will be trying his Sainte Anne and Les Barres at some point also.

Cheers,
Doug

Nice note, Doug. I need to try the Rose. The St. Anne is close to a house champagne for me. Love the stuff. Delivers in that price range. Cheers.

This is the Champagne that started my descent down the slippery slope of Champagne madness!

Dennis and Merrill,

Thanks for your replies. Dipping my toe in Champagne more these days as it were, I have found that I really like rose! However exploring the whole region is quite fun. Ste Anne is next. These wines are so versatile. We paired the Le Rose with shrimp scampi over pasta and everyone was very happy.

Cheers,
Doug

Managing to source Les Barres is quite the feat.

David,

Got the one bottle remaining in the Seattle inventory, so my retailer tells me. Better to be lucky than good.

Cheers,
Doug

My Le Rose is enroute, thanks for the note.

BTW, who is offering the Les Barres?

Oh yeah, one of the most consistently awesome producers out there. All are very nice, Les Barres is great and Les Orizeaux is great+ champagne.gif

Frank

I worked with Arista Cellars, a retail shop in Edmonds, WA, who worked with their distributor. Not sure they have any left.

Ilkka,

I will be on the lookout for Les Oiseaux.

Cheers,
Doug