What Wine Would you Get?

Headed to this restaurant next week and of course have been doing some early planning. What wine would all of you order? Personally I’m between the PYCM and the Allemand.

If I went white and was looking at PYCM, I’d probably kick the extra $30 in and get the Raveneau and skip dessert.

Wow. That’s a fun list

If you have never had Ceritas chard, consider that bottle.

For Burgundy, the 06 Meo Camuzet.

The 97 Dom. de Marcoux is well placed.

I have no idea about the Keep pinot meunière but it’s practically free! From Napa?

There are better bargains, but for current drinking pleasure I would have to say the 08 Barthod Chambolle is the one wine I would almost certainly order.

Agree with Anton on 06 Meo Echezeaux as a maybe. Only saying that since- as recently discussed on the forum- some 06s have remained very tight. But in theory that should be drinking well now, and it is one of the best bargains on the list.

Allemand is hard to pass up at that price. Also agree that (if I were going to spend that amount) the Raveneau is more interesting than the PYCM.

Before you take any advice from Alan, go read to the NBA thread in the Asylum.

[drinkers.gif]

I went to post this and got the internet worries: I love Alan and only meant to tease him. He is the real Alan, after all! [cheers.gif]

Those are good prices. No wonder your going top shelf.

Cool list, good prices at the high end. I’d be getting the Raveneau.

Allemand is a good choice for Red. Or the Musar!

This would be a great place to take a group. Pair trophies with some of the more under the radar wines.

Allemand all day long!

Allemand killed it in ‘05. Easy choice.

Lots I would enjoy on that list.

id agree on Allemand just because of the price. hard to find allemand for that price in general.

otherwise, what kind of food does the place serve?

Where is this?

Boston

Interesting. I would have used basically the same words but substitute Ramonet for Raveneau

For red, the Baudry looks interesting.

Very tough to pass on the Allemand at that price.
Baudry
Barthod
Cornellison

What kind of cuisine?

13 vintage Ramonet was what swayed me to Raveneau.