TN: 2007 Louis Jadot Corton-Pougets Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot

Wanted to check in on the 07’s and figured this was a better wine than N. Rhone or Bordeaux to enjoy with Flannery hangers given the recent heat wave…

• 2007 Louis Jadot Corton-Pougets Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (6/11/2019)
    Definitely some musky terroir coming through on the nose, but a cooler type of fruit than I expected - almost blue-fruited versus red. Texture is absolutely gorgeous - weighty (despite what you’d expect from the typical '07 light color) and satiny - round and plush. The tannins are still prominent, small and dusty, slightly bitter. I expected more bright red fruit from this bottle, so I’ll assume the wine is transitioning into its secondary phase, but not quite there yet.

One of the great values in GC Burgundy, but I am surprised you expect more red fruit as I find this bottling to get deeper and darker before taking on the other nuances of leather, mushrooms, dried herbs as it ages. Same with many Jadot wines.

The only red fruited Jadot wines for me are Marsannay, Santenay, and Pernand Verglesses and other “lesser” Cru wines.

My experience level with Jadot and Corton is close to zero, so my opinion means little regarding expectations of red-fruited-ness… I only expected it mostly based on the vintage, being such a light vintage, and the '07’s I’ve had across the board were quite solidly all about the light red fruit, but the vast majority were Côtes de Nuits