TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

Had been a while since I checked in on a Kutch pinot. This one is developing quite nicely. [cheers.gif]

• 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/9/2019)
    Very aromatic out of the gate with a present stemmy note and black cherry fruit on the nose. The cherry fruit is forward, primary, and juicy, but balanced by a wiry grip of acidity and a woodsy/herbal note. Medium weight. Very graceful mouthfeel. Still youthful. Feels like a little more time could continue to open and round this out, but it is a tasty/complex wine that was also a crowd pleaser.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m usually not one for the night two check in, seems most wines don’t really go anywhere good. But this one really rounded out and came a bit more supple on night two. Seems to bode well for those of you who have some and can leave alone for a bit. A nice drink.

Have a way to go until I work my way up to 2014’s. I still can’t get past the 2012’s.

• 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/6/2020)
    Geez, this is good! Such a sophisticated nose of Asian spice and basal wood. Silky fruit, with a persistent finish. This is as good a PN as I’ve had out of the Sonoma Coast. Outstanding! (95 pts.)

P.S. Stock photo, I am not on a yacht!

You should have went with it! Looked like a nice way to enjoy that bottle. Sounds like this is coming along nicely. Wish I had more. Glad it showed well for you. Cheers.

Scott, high praise for the wine…I am sure Jamie will enjoy seeing your note. I’ll chip in for the chorus.

• 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/27/2019)
    July 2019 Kutch Visit (Jamie’s Pad in SFO): Drank as part of a 5 bottle flight of Falstaffs (2010 non-blind, with the 2012, 2014, 2017 and 2018 tasted blind). Tasted right after the 2017 and that may never be a fair fight for any other wine given the beauty of that 2017. While it doesn’t have the intensity and presence of the 2017, it does maintain the balance of that wine, actually a superb balance. Lightly rocky in tannin, with pure red and some blue fruit to go with it. Delicious, sexy and drinking very well for me right now.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks guys. Yes, this bottle was definitely in the zone tonight.

Great notes, love his wines. Just realized I missed out on his rose last year which is phenomenal, and ordered some. Added in a couple more bottles of PN…