TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Dennis Atick

TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

#1 Post by Dennis Atick » June 9th, 2019, 8:32 am

Had been a while since I checked in on a Kutch pinot. This one is developing quite nicely. [cheers.gif]
  • 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/9/2019)
    Very aromatic out of the gate with a present stemmy note and black cherry fruit on the nose. The cherry fruit is forward, primary, and juicy, but balanced by a wiry grip of acidity and a woodsy/herbal note. Medium weight. Very graceful mouthfeel. Still youthful. Feels like a little more time could continue to open and round this out, but it is a tasty/complex wine that was also a crowd pleaser.
Posted from CellarTracker

Dennis Atick

Re: TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

#2 Post by Dennis Atick » June 10th, 2019, 6:57 am

I'm usually not one for the night two check in, seems most wines don't really go anywhere good. But this one really rounded out and came a bit more supple on night two. Seems to bode well for those of you who have some and can leave alone for a bit. A nice drink.
@decaturwinedude

Joel Pulver

Re: TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

#3 Post by Joel Pulver » June 11th, 2019, 9:47 am

Have a way to go until I work my way up to 2014's. I still can't get past the 2012's.

Return to “Wine Talk”