TN: 2018 Arcadian Theresa-Noelle Rose of Pinot

Joe recently released this and mine showed up yesterday. I chilled it down and man is a great rose.

My first impression was that it is pretty dark for a rose. As soon as I pulled the cork it exploded aromatically. On the nose it showed watermelon, red berry and citrus. On the palate it is delicate and crisp. I got juicy strawberry, watermelon, with a cool minerality on the finish that went on and on. Very well done!

I don’t believe Joe made very much of this, so if you are a fan of Arcadian and Pinot Rose’s I would reach out to him ASAP. It’s a good QPR at $20 per bottle for grand cru members and $25 for non members.

Dang! Lightening-fast on the draw there! I put a bottle in the fridge this morning before heading out the door. [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the TN. Was very curious about this.

Chime back in and give your impressions.

Popped one of these tonight and boy is it good! A mouthful of juicy strawberry and hints of watermelon. Nice acid and some depth, finish goes on and on. Nice wine!

2018 Arcadian Rosé of Pinot Noir Theresa-Noelle Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (6/8/2019)
– popped and poured –
– tasted a couple pours non-blind over approx. 1.5 hours –
– served with a moderate chill –

Medium dark salmon color. Light strawberry aroma with a hint of leafiness. Tangy, with good acidity on the palate. Zesty, and strongly flavored. Predominately strawberry, with perhaps some cranberry leanings. Many years back Joe made a Pisoni Pinot Noir rose — I like this one more. Really solid, and very fairly priced at $20 for GCS members.

Didn’t do a formal note, but I cracked my first bottle of this on Saturday night and agree - very nice wine. Nice refreshing fruit flavors but also a real body and structure to it.

Enjoyed this as well. Looking forward to hopefully trying a Arcadian Theresa-Noelle Pinot Noir down the road.

I’m a “Grand Cru Society” member, but I didn’t hear about this release. The website is likewise mum. What am I missing?

That’s weird Ryan - the Rose was part of the last grand cru shipment