Alice picks up our stuff...

http://WWW.alicefeiring.com/feiringsquad/looking-for-natural-wines/chianti_as_voln.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She picked up a piece from your store that took some quotes from her book…

No quotes and that is a rebroadcast of an editorial I wrote years before her book…

Roberto,

You and Alice might be on the same wavelength in philosophy, but you are actually nice about it and not a snooty zealot. Your stuff actually communicates fun and joy in wine instead of the grim self-importance, self-righteousness of Alice. Don’t change.

A.

I thought when I read the title that you were referring to the fact that she was covering some of the “under the radar” wines that you guys tend to stock (which would have been cool from a “getting the message out to a broader audience” perspective). I don’t follow her (although I have heard about her once or twice in passing), but after reading the link, I’m kind of like “Big deal?”. Am I missing the point, Roberto?

She writes for several major outlets and vacated her space for today to put in OUR message. VERY cool for us…that is all!

But she’s this country’s leading advocate of natural wine and her wine lists always get attention. I have nothing against her, but her self-absorbed style is pretty cloying.

RT

[winner.gif]

I think this countries leading evangelist for natural wines is actually Jazz guitarist Anthony Wilson. He talks more about that than music in nearly every medium he touches…

http://twitter.com/anthony__wilson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After I read any of her stuff, I want to go quaff Monbousquet and Pavie. And I really don’t like those wines.

A.

Andrew- I guess you haven’t asked innocently about the so-called Sonoma Zinfandels he carries… neener

Stu, we actively discourage casual browsers from buying Tony’s wines, telling them that they are extremely rustic and perhaps even possessed. And yet he has his fan club…

In this age of cut and paste, it is way too easy to copy someone else’s brilliant work:

I’m clueless, Roberto, did you quote my book?

No, I did not quote you and that editorial originally debuted in about 2002…

[popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif]

And your lack of decorum…is better???

Sorry Andrew, I just think it very unfair to take pot-shots at people on public forums.

I would have to say that Andrew’s characterization of Alice’s book is pretty spot-on. My BR of it on other forums was even harsher. And her
personal appearance as a forum moderator just reinforced that opinion.
Tom

I found I didnt really want to read anything there, but man…Adam, if you read this, how do you find time to make more than 10 different wines and be on every forum? [training.gif]

Roberto understands marketing. It’s like using scores to sell wine. Doesn’t really matter WHO provided the score, but if somebody did, maybe it will be useful in garnering some attention. In this case, Roberto’s own words create attention, then they are used by someone else perhaps (?) creating further attention and Roberto points it out garnering further attention.

It’s the most perfect example of viral marketing, ever, parasite becomes host becomes parasite becomes host . . .

[wink.gif]

And Roberto - I actually like you so I hope you realize I’m just breaking your horns.