Beaujolais: what back vintages are you drinking now?

I realized I’ve been sitting on a decent amount of Cru Beaujolais from 2009 through 2015 (lots of JP Brun, Lapierre, Bouland, etc). I know it might come down to specific producers or sites, but any recent experiences pro/con with specific vintages?

I love 2013 and 2014 right now, don’t have too much 09 and 10, but what I’ve had recently (mostly Foillard/Lapierre) was still fresh, delicious, and had years of life left.

I think 2016 is drinking quite well, but I’m keeping my hands off. Same with 2015, although I prefer 16 and 14…

2009, 2010, 2012.

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Just finished the 2006’s a few months ago.

The only 2015s I’ve tried were painfully young. Chignard Fleurie les Moriers, Clos du Roillettes Fleurie, Jadot Cote du Py, Ch Moulin av Vent Croix des Verillats… Only 2016 I’ve popped was a Thivin Cote de Brouilly - big ripe fruit, some bubble gum, heat on the fruity finish, way too young for my palate.

I’ve had some 2004’s recently that are showing great.

1. Diochon M-a-V still needs time. Have a bottle of Vissoux Fleurie “Les Garants” in the drinking queue. Drank my last bottle of Foillard Cote du Py a couple of months ago. It was right on the money. A friend and I are going to do a 2009 Foillard horizontal this month: Cote du Py, Fleurie, and 3.14.

Thanks.

This may not help you, but some '08s seem to be showing well. I only started actively cellaring these with '09, and I’m not opening anything from then on yet other than 2012, because I don’t think they’ll get any better and I want them out of my cellar. It might be time to start checking in on some '09s from the sound of it.

It’s like a band-aid, just gotta rip it off. I think I’ll pull a 2009 and a 2010 and see what happens.

Drinking 2007s mostly. 2002s, I have a few, but they should have been drunk by now, just need to find the few remaining bottles and do them in. 2000s are still holding nicely, but most have been drinking well for a while. Last 2005s I had needed more time, but that was a couple of years ago. Haven’t tried a 2009/10/11 for quite a while. I didn’t buy much in 2006/08, and drank them early.

2012 needs to be drink up, though I had a Foillard Corcelette that was nice for the year and might hold up a little longer.

Agree re: 2012s drinking well now and not likely to improve.

Did someone say they are drinking well? The ones I’ve had are definitely not.

Now is a good time to look back at 2008, which was a bit mean at the outset and in the shadow of 2009, but which is now drinking very well.

Of the three, in that span of vintages, I would be opening the Lapierre wines now.

To follow up on my earlier post, I found and opened a bottle of 2002 Roillette (regular) on Thursday night. The cork was as perfect a 17-year-old cork as I’ve ever seen. The wine showed nicely, better than the last bottle I had a few months ago. Still on the downslope, but just barely. Definitely drink up if you’ve got any.

Last night, with salad, cheese, bread, and pheasant pate, I opened the 2000 Domaine du Granit Moulin-a-Vent. This was absolutely lovely for the first 20-30 minutes, then slowly declined. Nowhere near the staying power of a recent 2000 Brun Moulin-a-Vent, which was just entering maturity. But the first couple of pours were special.