2018 Keller von der Fels&Grüner Silvaner

Of course I know that some people will roll their eyes about my post. [drinks.gif] But these wines are such good and such moderate in price, I have to recommend it again.

2018 Keller, “von der Fels” + “Grüner Silvaner”, Rheinhessen, Germany

I had both wines open around 7-8 days and they show its true class&potential just after one week. Every day I drank a glass or two and put it back to the fridge. Truly amazing the purity&precision& balance&finesse and ELEGANCE. Especially the von der Fels is such elegant, like Abtserde in 2018. Great great value for 17€ regarding von der Fels and 11€ for Grüner Silvaner.

Fair to say 2018 was really a challenge, but KP Keller managed it. As you know climate change is real, we had 40C in Berlin.

Cheers to the Keller family for such a good work.

IMG_8790.jpg

Dieser Artikel ist leider bereits ausverkauft!

Lieferstatus: Dieser Artikel ist leider ausverkauft.

So is this a unique grape, or a combination of gruner veltliner/sylvaner?
Never hear of it before (and surprised Keller would work with something less than riesling)

Apparently he also works with Pinot Gris as I have mysterious bottle called Grauburgunder -S- in my cellar.

Grüner Sylvaner is the most common Sylvaner. There is also a Blauer Sylvaner. I’ve had excellent wines from both.

I’m not going to comment on the phrase “less than Riesling,” but Keller makes a number of wonderful wines that aren’t Riesling, including silvaner, scheurebe and spatburgunder, in addition to grauburgunder mentioned above.

SORRY Henry, in case of Keller you have to be fast.

even Chardonnay