TN: 2017 Commanderie de la Bargemone Rosé.

Enjoyed this over a few days with a couple of different meals and by itself (vacu-vin’d and put back in the fridge between tastings). This wine comes in a slightly stylized bottle that has a flared bottom. Not a sleekly modern bottle like you see with a lot of rosé these days, but subdued and fitting in with the historic background of the property (allusions to 13th century Knights Templar on the back label). The wine is very pale orange-pink (the color of the cooked flesh of a recently stocked rainbow trout). Refrigerator temperature is too cold to serve this wine; while it will be refreshing, the nose and flavors develop more fully as the wine becomes less cold. Balanced, dry and fruity. “Berryish”: strawberries definitely, but something more for sure. Nice rosé. Recommended.

P.S. I may use parentheses too much.

rose.jpg
Finally a decent spring evening in what has been a cold and rainy spring.

I haven’t had the wine, but I think parentheses should be used more often in certain venues (like online boards, I use them, too).

-Al

Haven’t had the ‘17, but this is a rosé I buy and enjoy pretty much every summer. A terrific value.

Yes, this has been consistently good for quite a few years. Classic Provencal Rosé, imported by board member Dan Kravitz.

Not sure it as good as a few years ago. Used to be a regular buy for me but the last vintage wasn’t the same quality I remembered. I will have to try it again.