TN: 2010 Ramonet Ruchottes

this bottle was tighter than the recent 2014, not more stuffing, just leaner with the acidity more in the forefront. A sterner wine than the gentle 2014, still quite enjoyable—more Ramonet mint and citrus, less stone fruit and flowers. Still a great quaff w a long future.

Interesting. I haven’t opened a 2010 Ruchottes, but other '10 Ramonet I have tried have been quite generous. Thanks for the note - very helpful.

Haven’t had much Ramonet, and only have a few bottles in the cellar (all '12s) but it seems to me that Ramonet drinks well a bit earlier than most?

14 sure did. Didn’t in past—high acid, very reserved.

Slumming it again with all this Ramonet stuff.

can’t wait forever to drink w you.

Unfortunately I have had a few premox issues with the '10 Ramonet Ruchottes. Sent a couple of bottles back at a restaurant earlier this year then tipped one down the drain from my cellar.

I have never forgiven them for the premoxed bottles of 96 and 99 Ruchottes and Batard I had to dump down the drain. Without evidence that, for those prices, that is no longer a risk…and apparently Jeremy’s experience with the 2010’s would argue against that…I am staying away. Of course, you could substitute a number of other producers’ names into my rant.

I have already forgiven them Robert and continue to buy vigorously.

But it comes down to whether someone wants to drink $200-250 Premier Cru early, or whether someone wants to age it properly and can afford or is willing to raise the “price paid” by the percentage of bottles that need to be dumped due to premox. I know…pessimistic attitude.

After nearly all of a case of the 01 bbm went down the sink, I haven’t bought another bottle from ramonet and never will.

Good news alan! You sold me some, as you thought the wine sucked! [wink.gif] Last had one 3yrs ago and noted it needed some serious integration and calm the hell down. Hope my last bottle isn’t poxed now?

[cheers.gif]

dumb me.

All the 1996s I bought were shot. Sad.