Pierre Peters Les Chetillons

Am a big fan of Pierre Peters, and not surprisingly, the Les Chetillons ranks right at the top of my list - seems like it is a crowd favourite here as well, and so, figured to get some perspectives

1. Of the vintages released since 2000, commentary (and my rather limited experience) seems to suggest the 2002, 2008 and 2012 vintages are qualitatively ahead of the others - would be curious if there are any differing views to this or otherwise, thoughts on how the top 3 vintages compare vs each other (notwithstanding difference in maturity profile)?

2. Of the other vintages aside from the top 3, which will likely be longer-lived and worth cellaring? and conversely, which would be better off for nearer-term consumption?

A wine I seek out every vintage, and where I try to go deep in the likely longer-lived vintages, so would appreciate any thoughts!
champagne.gif

The 2007 overdelivers greatly for the vintage. It was Rodolphes first and I think he really put loads of effort into making it. Also I prefer the 2011 to 2010. Tasted quite a lot of 11s lately and the vintage is better than people think.

The 2008 is sensational. I have no other perspective to add.

By the way, Leonard, we are a “real names” board; you need to have your full name somewhere in the post (a signature will work)

I think the 04 is right up there with 02 and 08

Neal, it is in his signature line: Ng

I edited it shortly after Neal’s reminder - apologies, haven’t posted in a while!

Thanks all!

I’ve only had from the 2004 vintage onward…

I really enjoyed the 2004 & 2007 the 2008 blows them all away though.