What Red Wine Pairs Best with Gator?

Massive alligator breaks into Florida kitchen and knocks over a bunch of wine

The video is classic.

This surprises me as I thought gators hang out mostly on golf courses.

But to answer the question, if the gator is from the Orlando area, I assume the correct wines to pair would be either Sociando Mallet or Baudry.

Not red. Aligoté.

Lol!

Pairs best on shoes, belts and watch straps.

And there are alligators everywhere in Florida!

in every puddle, after every rainstorm

Looking at this from the gator’s perspective, shouldn’t this be “What red wine pairs best with Florida Man?”

Oddly, I have never once seen a Gator on my lake. And I have lived here 15+ years. Have skied, fished, paddle-boarded, sat in the lounge chairs lakeside, for many hours on end. And no gators. Like I said, odd.

While alive and in your presence I suggest something from Stag’s Leap, maybe Frog’s Leap or Screagle Second Flight

During the apprehension stage, The Prisoner bodes well.

Ok, here is a hint:

It tastes like chicken. Just a bit chewier.

You know, they used to say rattlesnake tastes like chicken. Unfortunately, when I ate some, I thought it tasted like something very old and rotting (maybe like rotting chicken but who knows).

Have never tried alligator and probably never will.

Got a near perfect wine.
Huston Vineyards Chicken Dinner Red from the Snake River Valley slithers into play.

Grapesmith and Crusher Cab? Hidden Crush Cab?

Potential appropriate traits:
Something with strong grip, or from a hot vintage with thick skins and ferocious tannins?

OK then, you hinting at Pinot Noir? Dependent on spicing and prep, specify please.

Done for now; time for triple consecutive day birthdays picnic at the lavender fields at Matanzas Creek.
Later, gator.

I posted this some time back on Asylum, but apropos here: This is Old George, a well-known Gator that hangs out behind our airport. He’s 13 feet, likely 800+ pounds and has a mangled left front leg. Quite a distinguished gentleman. Would love to see the gator that mangled his leg!

CDC1FDF1-8665-4CB8-9540-AA6592722515.jpg
Chris, gator is pretty popular in Florida, you find it at fish camps generally. It is mostly young gator tail, so more tender, and served fried. I have never see it served any other way. It’s decent. And beer works best, frankly.

Looks like folks have expanded the recipe options, starting with Emeril and go in different directions.
Never had it myself tho.

Don’t worry, they see you…

I’ve always wanted to wrastle one.

I used to swim the lake when training for Ironman. My wife was not a fan, but mostly because of the teens on jet skiis. My Goldens jump in regularly.

I’ve eaten gator in Louisiana. Pairing? Most definitely Burgundy. From a good to great vintage.

I really like alligator. Texture of chicken and tase of fish . Only have had it fried but going to try grilled this summer.

Flawed Question, It’s white meat !! [pwn.gif] [snort.gif]