Where please?

Hi, I’m Len Stevens

I just want to do this right. I’ve been “stalking” this site for about 4 months and absolutely love it. I’m in awe of many of you who post on a regularly basis. I owned a wine bar and bistro restaurant in Louisville for 9 years and was fortunate to pass the Advanced Master Sommelier (level III) in 2008. I am unsureif this is the right area to introduce myself, but please know that I am in awe of some of the experiences that are shared and I live vicariously with many of you here. After my ex and I sold our business, I have been out of the biz for awhile, but am know back “in the game”. I adore all wines, but admittedly am a huge fan of “new world” Pinot and Cdp…that is not to say I don’t enjoy Burgundy, Bordeaux, or many others, but my wallet can’t afford what I love. My favorite Pinots are Rochioli “Small Block”, especially West Block, Kutch, Rivers-Marie, and Littorai. As I side note, I have been on "The List’ wait list for 12 years and just got on this year…I am beyond excited. I own an amazing English Bulldog named Rochioli who is 12 yo and is a Prince among men!
Anyway, if I’ve posted in the wrong area, I profusely apologize. Just know that I am truly a huge fan and look forward to getting to know many of you on here. If any members are ever in the Louisville KY are, please reach out. It would be my honor to share a bottle or two…

Len Stevens

Welcome!

Thanks Karl!

Welcome aboard Len.

Why did you quit COMS without trying the Master’s exam if you got the green pin?

Welcome, Len. Come play along!

It was a combination of my study partners rude enough to pass (Scott Harper and Brett Davis) there by increasing the price for me to study the tasting portion and the fact, honestly, I never really expected to reach as far as I did. Also, the regurgitation of all the minutiae just wore me down. I’m in awe of those who are able to achieve the final level.

Thanks David! I can’t tell you how much I look forward to it. I’ve already added my name to several wait lists due to the recommendations of members…very exciting!

Welcome, Len.

There is also a new member/new non-lurker introduction thread here, in case you want to post in it:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55

Thank you so much Craig.

Welcome, new wine friend!

I think my palate may align with yours!

Here’s to many happy tastings! [cheers.gif]

Hope we meet someday!

Warm welcome!! Great to have a new member with a good wine background. I look forward to your posts.

Hi Len. Don’t be too much in awe of anything. Most of us just make it up as we go along!

Anyway, welcome.

Welcome aboard! I hope we’ll see lots of posts from you in the future!

This.

As a former wine bar owner with a Level III, you are miles ahead of this country poke. And don’t follow my purchase advice, I’m still stuck in the 1800s! :wink:

That’s way too modern for you, my friend.

Welcome, Len. Glad you posted and are joining us.

Love RM and Kutch. See my signature line.

Welcome to the madness Len. Hang on tight, it can be a bumpy ride at times.

Welcome aboard. Lots to be learned here. Lots of knowledgeable posters with diverse interests and tastes.

Brave man drinking wine in Bourbon country. Welcome aboard! And nothing to be in awe here, except maybe ‘aww shucks’.

Welcome, Len. I also think my palate might align with yours. But the wines I’m wild about today might not be the same tomorrow.