Jaffurs futures release

Received an email on this today. I have no experience with this winery, but have heard good stuff. Anyone able to provide some guidance?

If you like CA Syrah/Rhones, Jaffurs’ wine is legit - always good, mostly outstanding.

Very good petite sirah.

Their “cheap” Santa Barbara County Syrah is a no brainer buy every year. The PS is some of the best you can get from CA and usually is good as an early drinker as well as one you can put down for a few years. The single vineyards are excellent, especially Larner and Bien Nacido. Their Upslope competes well with the best of the best CA Syrahs. Overall they are good QPR’s and the futures makes them even better QPR’s. I also pick up a few of the whites and the Rhone GSM blend High Tide. Rarely am I disappointed.

Agree with all of the above. Looking forward to our visit/tasting on Friday.

Drank a Jaffurs Viognier five or six nights ago. 2016 I think. I have grown pretty critical of most Viogniers. This one made the grade. It had cut to it.

Anybody going to the futures tasting later this month? If so please post notes, however brief. Thanks.

Not a buyer anymore. Completely different winemaking staff. Dont like the way they treated the old staff

Albert,

If you are still around, let e know if you make it over the hill - more than happy to host you in Los Olivos.

David,

Are you referring to Matt Brady or anyone else? Stephen is a very good winemaker and he’s got a great staff as well. Still getting the same quality fruit that they always have and seem to be taking a slightly more ‘reserved’ take on their ripeness levels (or at least that’s what I’ve perceived thus far).

Cheers!

Yes, referencing Matt. Consider him a friend and while I’ve not heard an ill word out of him I can tell it could’ve been handled better. Not commenting on current staff as I haven’t and wont be drinking the wines. They may be perfectly fine, just different staff and not happy how it all seemed to go down.

Matt’s a great guy, and is loving it at Samsara. Could not be happier for him . . .

Cheers.

I bought some wines from Matt under his Grandfather label. Emailed him several times after the initial sale. Never heard another word from him.

Mike, He offered some of his library of those wines a few months back to friends on his personal FB. Probably has some left.

Interesting, I will reach out to him. Thank you.