TN: 2008 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

2008 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (5/18/2019)
Color looks OK maybe just a hint more yellow than I’d like to see; slight touches of oxidation on the nose, the palate strives to be clean but there’s a hint of premox here as well; drinkable but missing the depth and richness I expect of this wine (particularly having tasted it a number of times soon after release), acidity is good, sadly the wine is just enough “off” to make it a disappointment. Has a regular cork, somehow I thought Bouchard had moved to Diam for its 08 1er Cru wines. A glass left in the bottle overnight tasted the same the next day. NR (flawed)

Really looking forward to my DIAM-sealed Bouchard Perrieres :slight_smile:

Bummer Alan!

Too bad. I have not had a bottle of Bouchard Perrieres taste premixed, but I have not had any 2008s. I have had 2007s over the last year or so that were wonderful or even young tasting.

Recently had a 2005 Perrieres completely premoxed, 2005 Genevrieres mildly premoxed and 2005 CC in beautiful shape, all from Bouchard and stored together in the same box from the maker in ideal conditions. While Diam should do the trick, I look longingly at the Leeuwin Estate Chardonnays knowing that under Stelvin since the early 2000s they will all be maturing perfectly.

I was told by a winemaker in Burgundy last summer that he preferred screwtop to DIAM but that the market was more accepting of DIAM.

I’ve had a couple of 2006 Les Perrières recently that have suffered from premox.