TN: 2012 La Chablisienne Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos

• 2012 La Chablisienne Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (5/21/2019)
    Showing a little more cream and broadness since my last spin three yrs ago…such a pretty shiny metallic yellow and green color…little sweeter on the fruit, more tropical with some pineapple and mango…but still plenty of brightness and cut, with lemon citrus and tart green apple. Love the waxy full-bodied mouthfeel…honeycomb…some Captn. crunch, crushed limestone, clean marine air funk. Again, not mind blowing, or life altering…just a tasty as hell, correct and VERY pleasing Chablis! And my bank account applauds as well! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

La Chablisienne is among the world’s great producers. 2012 is an excellent ageworthy Chablis vintage. Because I represent a small, classic Chablis grower I sadly rarely get to drink Chablisienne’s offerings, but this has my vote. I am just beginning to dip into the 2012s from my grower (mostly now drinking '11s and '13s, with older bottles kept for special occasions).

I don’t keep up with the premox sadness, but AFAIK Chablisienne does not have issues? In that case, this bottle should be no farther than the halfway point. When you going to open another, Mr. Buzzini?

Dan Kravitz

According to Free Wine-Searcher, there are precisely zero bottles of that wine, of any vintage, for sale anywhere in the Americas - from Greenland in the north all the way down to Chile & Argentina in the south.
chablisienne_les-clos.png

I dunno - maybe if you upgrade to Wine-Searcher Pro, you get to see the Greenland or Cuba or Easter Island listings.

Or perhaps the Falkland Islands Bottle Shop?

I was surprised to see nothing available on ws pro for any vintages??? I was going to reload…guess I’ll have to wait for envoyer for current release!

1 Like

Enjoy these wines too - most recently an 08 Preuses and 15 Bougros. K&L often carries their wines if you are looking for them.

I drink a TON of this coop…and can’t really think if I’ve ever had a premoxed bottle? Super reliable and a King QPR!
Only one bottle of this 12 Clos left…hope I can make it to its 20th…but doubt it!:yum: