TN: Forlorn-Hope Gemischter Satz '16...(short/boring)

Tried last night w/ my avocado toasts:

1. Forlorn-Hope Gemischter Satz MokelumneGlenVnyd/Lodi (13.39%; 52 cs; 35 different varieties; Growers:
    Koth Family; last vintage) 2016
    : Med.yellow color; rather fragrant/floral/carnations/apple blossom slight earthy/herbal/new mown hay quite attractive nose; bit soft/lush pleasant floral/apple blossom slight earthy/chalky flavor; med.long some rich/lush bit soft rather floral/carnations/apple blossom slight herbal/stony pleasant finish; not as perfumed as some Austrian GS & not the acidity and a bit muddled & not very distinctive, but a perfectly pleasant white. $30.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. GemischterSatz: This is the name for an Austrian wine that is typically an old-vine field-blend that must be at least three noble varieties, none exceeding 50%. Mostly around Wien/Vienna, but also in the Weinverteil.
    I’ve always been surprised that the Austrian wine authorities haven’t protested Matt’s use of their GS term.
    Tom

Thanks for the tasting note, Tom!!

While I have not tried Forlorn Hope’sMokelumne Glen” blend of white varieties, I have enjoyed a couple of wines from Markus Niggli’s eponymous label that were sourced from the same site.

IS this the last of this bottling from Forlorn Hope???

Yup, Drew…Matt said in his offer newsletter that this was the last Vintage for this wine.
Tom

You’re surprised that Austria hasn’t complained? For 52 cases??? Probably are totally unaware of its existence.

Dan Kravitz

Yup, Dan…that’d be my guess as well.
Tom