TN: 2013 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills

• 2013 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (5/17/2019)
    Not much to write home about on night one, but developed overnight with a good acid presence, subdued fruit and just what I like in this Eola-Amity Hills vintage. Had a glass left over from last night and the fruit has developed a nice round profile with medium body. Lightly tart blackberries. I’m really loving this vintage and AVA from several producers. Improved over 4 days from 88-92 and no hurry to drink, give it some time. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Just curious where/how did you keep the wine over the 4 or so days ?

Thanks for the note. This is one of many Vincent wines that Cellartracker is telling me I should drink up. I continue to ignore Cellartracker’s advice.

To answer both of you.
Bruce, I have been recovering from a tweaked back and drink little now. I pour a glass a night and drink half and pour in the bottle and cork on the counter. I was a bit surprised that the wine did not crash, but got better.
Mark, I like most of the wine from Eola-Amity Hills. They get the ocean breezes up the Van Duzer Corridor so are more restrained than the more fruity wines up in the McMinnville-Yamhill-Carlton area. Whistling ridge may be an exception up there. Vincent does a Bjornson Vineyard I regularly buy as does Seven of Hearts so I suspect there is some in the blend. '13 was a cool vintage and for me is just lovely now. Waiting a bit on Marcus’s Whistling Ridge, I have a bunch of '11 Matello WR from a cooler vintage I need to check on. The '14s are filling in nicely. I’m AFWE, so YMMV. [cheers.gif]

Gotcha , thanks . Surprises me that a cool weather grape’s wines improves as the wine sits at room temperature for several days .

Hope your recovery goes ok.

My room temp is close to cellar temp as my wife attests quite regularly. [snort.gif]

Ouch, hope you get back into prime drinking shape real soon. I guess I could have been a little clearer in my comment, I do have plenty of Vincent’s wines in my cellar, and the only thing keeping me from buying more is lack of space. However, Cellartracker seems to think that I should be drinking many of them now, if not sooner - including the one you wrote a note on. That one has a purported drinking window of 2015-2017, which I am cheerfully ignoring as I let my (sadly) lone bottle rest in a corner.

And since I’m also an AFWE, I do indeed love the Bjornson. [cheers.gif]

• 2013 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (1/21/2020)
    Medium ruby with bold violets/roses nose. Dry, some bitter tartness and fairly prominent fruit, calcareous limestone with a strong vita-C component on night one. With some more open time the fruit is starting to flesh out and chewy tannins are adding to complexity and body. Another night and the acid is starting to tone down, balancing the fruit better and giving a nice restrained PN. I must say, I definitely enjoy the AFWE wines from this AVA from a number of producers. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker