TN: 2008 Dom Pérignon Champagne (France, Champagne)

• 2008 Dom Pérignon Champagne - France, Champagne (5/20/2019)
    First reg 08 DP, as the last two bottles of Legacy I’ve had have been brilliant! No down shift here…amazing out of the gate balance…pure crystalline freshness of citrus, orchard fruits…just a tad under picked pucker…energized bubbles exploding on the palate, then falling back to the finish on a snowflake. Everything set up for some aged complexities in the coming decades…subtle vanilla and caramel creme, smokey/chalky minerality, salt stone, ginger mint tea…pretty lemon blossom florals…so precise and engaging. If you’re ever going to go deep on a Champer…it’s THIS one! (98 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Is there an expected down shift from legacy to this regular bottling? I had read that it was purely label difference, and the juice is identical?

Pulitzer TN!

This is what I heard too. I did splurge for 3 Legacy & a 6 pack of the normal. Which is about 2-3x what I might normally buy. I’d buy more…but I got a clear “Hell no” from my better half.

Referring more to the bottles of 06 Comtes de Champagne…had four amazing bottles in sixth gear…then went out and bought a case…had three bottles of the new case that couldn’t get out of first gear!

Nice note, Brian. The smoke and mint notes really blew my mind when I had this on Saturday. Just great juice that is so smooth and layered. Living up to the hype.