Nice short video of historic Saitone vineyard

Narrated by Williams Selyem proprietor John Dyson: Saitone Estate Vineyard on Vimeo

I’m looking forward to touring this vineyard next month!

Always enjoyed the wines made from that Vineyard from Carlisle and Bedrock.

Neat video, Mike. Thanks for that.
Have you had the W-S Saitone? Will Mike and Morgan continue to get Saitone?
Tom

Tom, I tasted the '16 back in February, and my only note was a cryptic “Excellent”! Hate it when people don’t provide more informative notes! I think that Jeff Mangahas has a very deft touch with Zin.

I’m not sure if Morgan and Mike will continue to receive the fruit, but assume they will (Saitone is a fairly large vineyard at over 30 acres). Interested to see (from the W-S website) the interplanted varieties in this vineyard:

Saitone was established in 1895 by Antonio Saitone, and is primarily planted to Zinfandel, but also has small blocks of Carignane, Alicante Bouschet, and Chasselas Dore’, and is interplanted with Muscadelle, French Columbard, Muscat, Petit Bouschet, Criolla Mediana and Grand Noir.

Williams Selyem is very proud of this property and appears to be taking their stewardship role quite seriously.

Thanks for posting this Mike. W&S was one of the many highlights at last year HVS tasting.

Yes, especially the Saitone. That taste caused me to get back on their list after an 18 year absence. Wasn’t offered any but that’s fair.

Thanks for sharing this awesome piece of history!!