TN: 2014 Vouette et Sorbée Champagne Blanc d'Argile Extra Brut

• 2014 Vouette et Sorbée Champagne Blanc d’Argile Extra Brut - France, Champagne (5/19/2019)
    Nose: The Nose is fresh and lively, filled with white peaches, all sorts of white flowers, pears, green apples, saline, crushed rocks, almonds, lemon peels, and a touch of dough. There is excellent depth with the nose showing a linear quality to it.

Taste: The feel is Medium bodied with crisp, high acidity. There is a lightness to the feel with white peaches, green apples, pears, crushed rocks, dough, almonds, and lemon peels.

Overall: This is a bright and lively Blanc de Blancs that is drinking beautifully. The tones are fresh and are in the white spectrum while there is also good depth and distinction across the nose and palate. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Terrific TN, Keith. Thank you for posting it.

I have a couple of 2015. Is it correct to assume some age will further improve this wine?

I recently had this label but it was the Brut Nature 2015. It was delicious, but a few years on it would probably do it well. I was unfamiliar with the label - it was a gift from my Champagne enabler, so I didn’t know what to expect. I would buy and hold a few years if I could keep my hands off.

honestly, I don’t know if age actually will improve it. There is so much freshness and focus on the white spectrum of fruits that more honey and mature flavors don’t feel like they would fit with what this wine is IMO. I’m not saying don’t age it, I just don’t know if age will bring a palpable improvement per se