TN: 2012 Bodegas Muga Rioja Reserva (Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja)

• 2012 Bodegas Muga Rioja Reserva - Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja (5/17/2019)
    Day 1: One of the best under $20 wines from Spain on a regular basis. Iron, minerals, leather, red currants and cinnamon. Medium plus finish and full of life. Drink now ot 2023. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

John, I couldn’t agree more. In fact, just last night I had a 07 Andrew Will Champoux that I had been looking forward to all week, but I saw the 14 Reserva on sale for $18 when I was buying dinner, and well, the rest is history. It was just as you describe on the 12. I’m sure that AW will be great. Some day :wink:

I agree with you on the 2012 Reserva and the 2010 is almost as good. Here is what Gutierrez said about the 2015:

“…The wine shows very good ripeness but without any excess. It has incipient complexity, still young and undeveloped but with very good balance between power and elegance, with fine-grained tannins and integrated acidity. This has to be one of the best recent vintages of this popular bottling. There are around one million bottles of it. (drink 2019-2027).”

Haven’t tried the 2015 yet, but will shortly.