Flying with Champagne/Sparkling wine

Sorry if a silly question but I’ve flown with wine and beer in my check through luggage multiple times without issue. Does champagne present a different issue? I’ve read that most cargo holds are pressurized these days but just wanted to check in for personal experiences

Do it all the time, no problems.

No problemo.

We fly with champagne all the time; no problems
IMG_4170.gif

I knew I could count on y’all for the quick responses. Can’t always trust Google machine

That champagne rare is good stuff. I’m flying to Hawaii this summer with the family in tow. I’ll be doing the same with my Wine Check By Todd French.

The bottle of Bailey’s cracks me up… :joy:

The issue may not be whether you can bring the sparkler on the plane, but how soon you can open it up after you arrive. Bought an interesting Pet Nat during a winery visit in France last week. A few days later, opened it up about three hours after completing a 6 hour drive. Should have known better, but when I popped the cap it shot out like a geyser and I literally only had about a third of the bottle left when it calmed down. The remnants were tasty, but created a bit of a mess in the hotel room!

Cheers,

Steve

I guess I’ve been lucky as I’ve never had a problem opening a bottle of Champagne the day after a flight or long drive. Always well chilled.

This. It’s the temp change that causes the bubbles fountain, I think.