TN: 2013 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Rory K.

TN: 2013 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)

#1 Post by Rory K. » May 13th, 2019, 9:03 pm

• 2013 Ridge Geyserville - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (5/13/2019)
    Opened for Game of Thrones night, and this was the highlight! No decanting needed it was beautifully layered with spiced red and blue fruits, sagebrush, mint, soil, and a beautiful salinity that I remember from my previous bottle some 4 years ago. I always find the aromas here are reminiscent of Tuscan wines. Palate is quite fresh and the tannin, while smooth, is still making itself heard. This feels quite youthful though it is also in full on Claret mode and could sneak in a Medoc tasting with no one the wiser (and rank quite highly as well). It may be beating a dead pony, but Geyserville is among California's most consistently elegant and outstanding wines at this price point.
Posted from CellarTracker

KenL.

Re: TN: 2013 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)

#2 Post by KenL. » May 13th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Thanks for the note, sounds like it’s time to pop open the one bottle I have.
Lobel

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: TN: 2013 Ridge Geyserville (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)

#3 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 14th, 2019, 8:38 am

I have a few of these remaining, as well as Lytton Springs - trying to keep my hands off them and see how they age but it's really difficult to do so.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Rory K.

#4 Post by Rory K. » May 14th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 8:38 am
I have a few of these remaining, as well as Lytton Springs - trying to keep my hands off them and see how they age but it's really difficult to do so.
I empathize, I only have two left and based on this bottle it will keep improving for another 10 years.
K i n n e a r

ITB

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Russ Williams » May 14th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Rory, your note made me check CellarTracker and YES, I have 9 bottles!! Love when this happens.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Howard Cooper » May 14th, 2019, 7:34 pm

I have started buying the Three Valleys to drink young and to hold the Geyserville and Lytton Springs for a time. But, for how long?
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Wine Talk”