TN: 2016 Martin Müllen Trarbacher Hühnerberg Riesling Spätlese *

Took this to a local sichuan place last night. Totally enamored by it. Sneaker guy was right on this one.

• **2016 Martin Müllen Trarbacher Hühnerberg Riesling Spätlese *** - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (5/12/2019)
    Electric right out of the bottle. Light yellow, clean translucent color. Waves of sulfur and stone on the nose. Excellent crisp white and tropical fruit notes, beaming acidity, and a unctuous middle that coats the palate. Terrific with some sichuan bites. Quite young and exuberant, but already fantastic Exciting new wine to me.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve bought a lot of these wines, but only opened a few (not this one yet). Really enjoyed all of them and think they are fantastic QPR.

Yep.
I have some 16 trocken too. Looking forward to it. Last night was first run and I was happy.

Saving mine for the long haul. I’m a little hesitant to open ‘16 rieslings now as some are starting to shut down.

The wines def age well, as I’ve had ‘96, ‘08 and ‘10. Need to open a recent bottle to see how they perform young, which clearly seems well based on Dennis’ note.

Good to hear. Think I’m sitting on a bit more than two cases of Martin Müllen Trarbacher Hühnerberg (of various years, stars, and terrasse). Some good info here: das weinforum .de • Martin Müllen - Mosel