TN: 2005 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve

• 2005 Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/12/2019)
    Wine of the year candidate. Had at Mother’s Day Early Dinner at Jenson’s Super Club. Integrated wine with cassis, pencil lead, mocha, cherry and mild oak. Complex, multilayered long finish. Drinking window sweet spot on this wine. Drink now to 2022. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I opened of the 91 last week and everybody thought it was a good Pauillac from 90 like a first growth or Pichon Baron.

Nice review and great to hear these are doing so well!

The ACVV Reserve is a great value for excellent Napa Cab.

I am glad to hear how well their Cabs are aging have not having had much experience with them since the early days when Gus turned out some excellent wines starting with the surprising 1988, a vintage standout.
I recall discussing the possibility of his producing Bordeaux blends as he had a wonderful selection of Bordeaux in his cellar.

I enjoyed my magnum 6 years ago at my 60th birthday dinner.

Truly, a bottle of the 1992 opened two nights ago pretty much sounds like the same style of wine as this 2005. Quite a consistent track record, I’d say.

-Michael

I got these about six months ago for $50 a bottle which is about what I paid for them back in 2008. Wish I had more than one left.