Northern Rhone Documentary

Before it begins.

Streaming On Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Before-begins-Macquart-Moulin/dp/B07PJ5S3B7?ref=silk_at_search

Not so much about the wine but about the work it takes to farm these vineyards. The way it starts makes you wonder if it is the right film but soon you are in the Rhone and the way it is shot gives you the sense of being there. Really gives you a greater appreciation of what it takes to work this land!

Just watched it. tTwo hours of watching Allemand, Chave, Ooka working these brutally steep hillsides in the Rhône by hand. Backbreaking. 80’s captioning, barely any narrative. At least half an hour of just watching Allemand and his guys swear like sailors and grunt while rebuilding a piece of stone wall. Painful to watch. Like the “reconditioning” scenes in Clockwork Orange where they make him watch ultraviolence with his eyes pried open.

I know! Unbelievable work. Crazy steep hillsides. Love how they were joking about how at Chave the wall would be perfect l ol.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Well done Noah!

I have a newfound appreciation for the Northern Rhone wines. Impressive. A must see.

This film absolutely blew my mind last night. I could have this on silent stream 24/7 at the house. Totally inspired. A must see for anyone who digs Northern Rhone wines or cool climate Syrah!

You actually get fatigued just watching how hard these people work these slopes. Had to wonder what they drink at the end of such a physical day (other than the cases of 1664)-they certainly deserve something killer.

Super great, thanks.

I watched this a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. On the surface it kind of seems like there’s no there there but as I went through it, it really worked as “good art” completely apart from the geekery. Who’s the hero? Which effort is more meaningful? How much responsibility do we have for our own life story?

Awesome documentary.

Thanks for sharing.