Mother's Day 2019 - What are you guys opening?

Thinking of doing an 02 Ponsot CdlR and a 14 PYCM Chassagne Montrachet 1er.

What are you guys planning on opening on Sunday?

Nothing but the best for my non-geek family > a Berserkerday deal > 2017 Paetra Riesling Elwetritsche (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills). No point in wasting something really good. This will be enjoyed by all.

My wife and I call my Mom at least twice daily. She says that every day is thereby Mother’s Day and a gift itself.
I plan to visit her on Memorial Day weekend, to take her and friends to dinner, and also to visit Dad’s resting place.

Will be opening with partner, also a mother:

1. Split of 08 Deutz Amour Rose
  2. 1966 Haut Brion

Harvey - gentle reminder that not everyone here is a “guy” and some of us are even (wait for it . . .) moms.

I will be celebrating with my kids and bringing an '01 Valdicava to dinner.

Celebrating with a 2010 Kosta Browne 4 Barrel.

Thanks, Sherri.
We had a Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee 2010 this morning. Sunday mornings are Champagne mornings.
This one is delicious, but young.

2015 Domaine de Chevalier
(actually re-opening it, as it was originally uncorked yesterday)

Opened a 2013 Drouhin Laroze Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Craipillot with my MIL this weekend, thinking “ok she drinks a pretty good amount of wine, I’ll open one of my nicer things because she’ll probably appreciate it.” (and we were having a farmers market salad with fish). A few minutes after it hit the decanter she made a comment about how her perfect wine is a big jammy zinfandel and I thought “oh no I messed up big time.” long story short the wine is beautiful and subtle with good sweet earthy brambly fruit and minerality, and her comment was that it was “a little thin”.

ugh. just another reminder that not everyone loves the same kind of wine. Bedrock to the rescue for her, two great wines open to enjoy tonight for me!

My Mother frowns on drinking and Mother’s Day is the one day in the year that I honor her wish.

Iced tea.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxYSuqUnYzZ/
I opened a 2016 Pierre Yves Colin Morey Meursault Charmes

I made brunch (2 types of yeasted waffles, one sweet, one savory) for my mother-in-law and sis-in-law but we didn’t have any alcohol. It was also my birthday, however, so I popped a 1977 Heitz Bella Oaks at dinner, which was just lovely.

We had a 2013 Vincent Bjornson Pinot Noir with charcuterie after a day at the beach in Aruba. With dinner of grilled grouper, I opened a stunning 2015 Rhys Alpine Chardonnay.

We had milanesas with fried eggs and french fries. I opened a 2014 DV Catena Syrah-Syrah. Everything was delicious!

My bad! I’ll be more inclusive in the posts I write.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxaUcdZhBeB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1v4y2dixfwzqn

Opened 02 Ponsot CdLR for a dinner out with my wife. Also got a glass of ‘00 d’qyuem. Might have been due to bottle variation but it was much darker than the splash of 01 doisy the somm gave us. D’Yquem was tired on the nose and palate and cloying. ‘01 doisy had a great nose - fresh cut flowers and honey but very light on the palate.