TN: 2014 Ramonet Morgeot (white)

my god, this is great classic Ramonet with great drive and spearmint, citrus and white flowers, tremendous midpalate, length that never ends, just reverberates on the palate, getting every taste bud humming in harmony and overdrive. Absolutely transcends its level. 2014 Ramonets are stunning.

Damn…was hoping you’d hate it and sell it to me! [flirtysmile.gif]

Fabulous, fabulous wine. Been trying to hold off drinking mine, but you make me want to open one.

I’ll share with you. We’ll open one together.

Seriously good.

Great note Alan. They are so good.

Have a magnum of this tucked away for extended aging champagne.gif

Don and Alan - your previous comments on 2014 were the catalyst for our buying a few cases, none of which we’ve touched yet. Perhaps we’ll pop one this weekend to check in.

Pleased to here that positive reviews on this wine. Glad I have some tucked away.

Has anyone tasted the 2015 and/or 2016 of this wine?

Yes and yes: 2015 quite dense and blocky, one of the less outgoing Ramonet 2015s, will need a bit of time; 2016 a bit less concentrated and tight knit but a good effort for the vintage that saw lots of frost in Morgeot. 2017 should be brilliant based on the few 2017 Ramonets I have tasted so far (I’m waiting to visit until GCs and top 1er crus are in bottle a bit later this year).

My note on them both below, Jonathon.

2015: A very ripe nose of peach, nectarine and melon. There’s some brown spices and almond butter too. It is a generous, almost buxom wine of roundness and volume. There’s a wisp of smoky reduction adding complexity and the finish has a low-acid feel but has a degree of freshness.

2016: More spice than the Boudriotte along with a richer mid-palate. It is dense and full but by no means heavy. Ripe, sappy peach flavour envelop the palate and the finish is cool with a stony feel.

You are so lucky! Enjoy.

We don’t have the Morgeot, though. Just Vergers and Caillerets

No hurry on those! I’m just about to get my Bourgogne Blanc 2014 out of storage, largely because they often use nomacork.

Thanks William, good to know! We may pop one anyway, we’ll see. It’s one of my favorite things about buying a case or more of something like this - being able to open one early and have that data point live in my memory as I drink the others over years. I learn so much, and come to appreciate the different pleasures at different stages, even if I like the mature expression best.

Thanks for the notes on the '15 and '16’s. Glad to be able to have access to these!

How are the premox rates on these newer wines with the new enclosure?

I have some of the 2014 Ramonet 1er Crus including Morgeots, which was painfully young on New Year’s Eve. Haven’t tried Caillerets or Ruchottes recently. I am going to sit on mine and enjoy my Niellons first time.