Issues w/ Wine Larder NYC merchant not fulfilling wine orders

Dear Wine Berserkers group,

I am reaching out to you as a community to see if any of you have experienced any issues with Wine Larder not fullfilling or shipping any of your wine orders.

As a victim of Premier Cru (Berkeley, CA), I am very sensitive to situations where merchants are not true to their word and do not fulfill orders and ship wines when they are supposed to.

I placed an order for 4 bottles of wine on 1/21/19, which was paid in full on this day, where the wines where supposed to be shipped out to me on 3/1/19.

I called and left voice messages in early April (to a voicemail box without anyone’s name), which were never returned. I emailed the company’s contact email address listed on my order receipt, and the emails were never returned.

I finally was able to get a hold of the store owner, Joey, via email, two weeks ago, where he responded and said he had no record of my order. He said he would follow up and get back to me. I waited a week. No response. So I sent a second email over a week ago, where I was assured I would have resolution to my order by the end of last week…but I never heard back, and I still do not have a resolution to my problem, and do not have my wine.

I welcome the guidance of this community as to how I should proceed from here. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Did you use a credit card? I’d suggest getting a chargeback if so

Yao,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did use a credit card. Since this purchase is less than 6 months, I am assuming that I should have no issues receiving a chargeback from my Visa card?

The guy from Wine Larder (Joey something) is active on Commerce Corner if you want to send him a DM

What is a DM? Delivery Missing?

Never even heard of the company.

I’ve purchased before with no issues. Small internet based retailer. Hopefully this is resolved to your satisfaction adam

My first question would be was the credit card charged. We’ve had the same thing occur several times. Somebody says they ordered from us and we never had any order. Not sure how it happens but we’ve been through the drill a number of times. Fortunately for us, the credit card is not automatically charged. We complete the charge when it ships. So the customer hasn’t lost any money if we didn’t get the order. That also eliminates charges/charge backs on the average four fraudulent orders we get per week.

Yes; bought a couple of things, no issues at all.

I had bought a couple bottles a few months ago. Received incorrect bottles. Mishap was promptly addressed to my satisfaction via email; would buy again. It does sound like my situation did resolve faster than yours.

Randy,

Do you work for Wine Larder? If so, I wish you had responded to any of the 3 emails that I sent to your listed email almost a month ago.

As per my initial post, YES, I PAID for these 4 bottles of wine back in January of 2019. Below is a snip-it of my Visa bill for January 2019, which validates that Wine Larder charged me $450 for 4 bottles of wine.

Another poster asked me to “DM” Joey on this site. Well, I personally emailed Joey and he gave me lip service that he would look into this immediattely and get back to me right away (which it has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard back from him). Joey’s email response and language is very similar to the type of email and voice messages I would receive from John Fox from Premier Cru when I would ask about wines I paid for years ago which still have not shipped. Therefore, WHY would I “DM” Joey (owner of Wine Larder) if I have already engaged in him via email interactions over this issue, which he has acknowledged to me, but has not provided any resolution to??? Hence, I no longer buy into lip-service.

I am more than happy to copy/paste my email interactions with Joey from Wine Larder into this email thread. The bottom line is that his email responses are no different than those that I would receive from Premier Cru/John Fox when I was asking for wines that I had paid for from their companies.

I am a major wine collector (I own over 10,000 bottles of wine). And I buy wine from several different sources. I have only had issues with two sources that have not delivered wine in the past 15 years…Premier Cru Berkeley/John Fox…and Wine Larder NYC/Joey…

Randy doesn’t work there. Also keep the animosity down. No one is blaming you for anything.

Also your picture isn’t showing.

let the credit card company handle it and move on

Purchased about 2 cases worth between 8/13/16 and 5/8/17. Mostly aged stuff. No issues and was able to provide pictures promptly upon request. Wines all drank well.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it is resolved quickly.

I’m frankly very surprised by all of this. I have gotten to know Joey, and he’s always been responsive. Maybe he’s traveling and that’s why he’s been slow to respond?

I know you are frustrated, but I would give him a chance to make this right.

I also had a good experience w/ Wine Larder with an order about a year ago.

Randy and Moderator,

My apologies for any perceived animosity. I’m not sure why I had the initial perception that you worked for Wine Larder.

I am not here to cause any trouble, but to seek your guidance and try to get answers on how to proceed with this.

Ian,

It has been over 30 days since my first communication to Wine Larder regarding my undelivered order (which was supposed to ship out on 3/1/19).

Perhaps I have been spolied by good follow-up and positive interactions with most wine merchants that I deal with (Wine Library and Zachys both excellent customer service, by the way…I’m a long time customer of both stores…and your post reminds me that I have wine to be picked up from your store…thank you!).

I have begun the chargeback process with my credit card company. I hope to get my money back (although I would have much preferred to be receiving the 4 bottles of Gonon St Joseph that I had paid for instead…sigh), and put this situation behind me.

THANK YOU to everyone for your comments and guidance.

I am still waiting on 2015 Canon from a major NYC store. The 2015s and 2016s have arrived at other stores.

Mark,

I just received my 2015 Canon from a West Coast retailer, two weeks ago…after a long wait, indeed. Hopefully yours arrives shortly.

Best,
Adam

I would do this. Trying to resolve with the merchant isn’t worth any more hassle at this point.